15 oktober 2008

Update!

Where do I start... haha. First things first. While we stayed in Kathmandu I managed to pick up a nasty little thing from some bad food thats been eating me ever since. The thing's name is Giardia!

After spending a week above Dingboche and a day in Lobuche Base Camp we decided to go to the Clinic in Pheriche since I felt real sick and threw all sorts of things up. Once there I got the drugs necessary to treat Giardia and some other things. 4 Days later I felt ok and we made for Lobuche East High Camp. What I didnt think of was the fact that 2500 meters in three days perhaps could be a little too much for someone whose lost 10 kilos in three weeks because of Giardia and not eating. So once we made a little trip up to 5550 meters on the rock ramp on Lobuche East I decided back in Camp that Id rather skip the climbing and enjoy my time back down the valley.

I stayed in the tent while Filip got up early and then followed him with my camera as he drew closer and closer to the summit. I was fighting birds in High camp and getting some good shots by the time he finally stood on the summit!!! A perfect day! As anyone would, I felt a little sorry for not beeing up there but health comes first and I wanna be able to do two more weeks of trekking here.

So for all of you planning to loose a little weight, try Giardia, works like clock work and its way cheap, no food expenses at all! ;)

Enjoy Filips story about his awesome day and hold on for a few photos!

Ciao, Johan.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Segt att du blev sjuk Johan, men visst är det en underbar plats? Ser fram emot att se bilder.

/Jonas